It was hard to choose my favorite episode from Educating [Geeks] Season 1, but after a little bit of thought, I settled on the Stargate SG-1 Season 1 episode. There were two reasons behind this decision: 1) I had such a good time being educated by two monumental Stargate fangirls, Megan and Cassie and 2) since the release of the podcast I have seen every single episode of SG-1, Atlantis and Universe plus both direct to DVD SG-1 movies. EVERY ONE.
Yes, Stargate is definitely my cup of earl gray tea, hot!
If you haven’t listened to the whole episode yet, my favorite moments are:
- 16:33 – Megan’s discussion of Hathor as the best/worst episode
- 20:07 – My “What the hell” comment when I realized that I was sandwiched between two of the universe’s biggest Stargate SG-1 fans
- 37:01 – Cassie declares that she is black
- 44:15 – Cassie states “sometimes the side arm shows up”
- 44:53 – I get an education on the term “shipper”
- 52:25 – The drinking game rules, OF COURSE
This episode of Educating [Geeks] really embodies the reasoning behind the why the show is so awesome to me and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
P.S. I ship for Jack and Teal’c on SG-1, McKay and just about anyone (especially ME) on SGA, and well there isn’t anyone to ship for on SGU ’cause they’re all hooking up all the time regardless.